Wednesday, December 30, 2015

How to never get bored…

For five weeks Mac scrubbed every inch of the pier and the bottoms of several boats until not a trace of the diesel spill could be found.
Mac made one last trip up and down the pier to make sure he didn’t miss anything. And then he put away all his tools and made his way into the marina store to tell Sean he was through.
“Whaddya talkin’ about Mac? You’re not through ‘til I say you’re through. I can’t believe my ears. The son of such a fine sailor as RJ MacArthur quitting a job before it’s through.”
Mac cleared his throat. “Well sir, I can’t find a lick of that spill anywhere…there’s nothing left for me to do.”
“Nothing left to do?” Sean narrowed his eyes and made a noise that sounded like a growl. “Don’t ever let me hear you say those words again. Got it?”
“Okay but—”
“You’ll always have something to do if you just do the next thing.”
“The next thing…what next thing?”
“Don’t matter. Just find one thing that needs doin’ and that’ll lead you to another. You won’t ever get done and you won’t ever get bored. Do you understand?”
Mac nodded.
“Okay then. What’re you gonna do next?”
Mac shifted his feet and lifted his shoulders up and down. “I have no idea.”
Sean pulled in a deep breath. “Okay, I’ll help you get started. But the next thing is up to you. Understood?”

From The Voice


More than just a book, it's a message about the strength of family, the power of prayer and the battles that rage against them.

What folks are saying about The Voice…READ MORE

Let me know if you’d like a signed and prayed over copy for you or a friend.





Prayerfully yours,
Doug,


No comments: